Tour operator InsideJapan has said it is optimistic for the New Year as business builds after the Japan disaster in March. Following a TDUK report earlier this week that found tourism in the country has recovered quicker than expected, InsideJapan has too seen a boost in bookings, with sales up 105% in December compared to last year.
Back in March 45% of clients had cancelled trips, but now group tours in April 2012 have sold out as tourists look to catch the cherry blossom. Matt Spiller, agents manager at the tour operator said its work with travel agents has been key to generating bookings again.
“We recognised the importance of spreading the word about the actual situation in Japan and in taking the message to the Agents around the UK,” he explained. “2011 has certainly been tough for us as a Japan specialist, but through meeting agents at various events, we have been able to reassure Agents and educate them about this stunning country and its wonderful people”.
InsideJapan has introduced new spring tours and volunteer options for next year and will continue to raise awareness and funds for flood victims going into 2012.
More than 8,000 rooms were surrendered by LOCOG in January, prompting a 25 per cent fall in average rates, and a further 12,000 are to go ba...
Udderbelly returns to London's South Bank for a three month festival of stand-up comedy, cabaret, music and dance all staged in an infl...
Hotels & Lodging Levante Beach, Rhodes, a brand new five-star hotel New Mark Warner beach resort for 2012 in Rhodes Thursday, January 05...
Numerous panel discussions highlight new trends at ITB Berlin Convention 2012As the tourism industry’s main think tank the ITB Berlin Conven...
DOM cook Alex Atala is redefining Brazilian culinary art victimisation exotic ingredients sourced within the Amazon timberland. Gavin Mc...
Communities throughout Cotswold district are backing a campaign to bring high-speed broadband to rural Gloucestershire. The Borders Broadba...
Out of 502 beaches and bathing sites in England and Wales only ten failed basic water quality standards, new government figures have reveale...
From the affecting low of our displacement from Uzbekistan, we were now adverse the concrete high-point of our campaign forth the Silk Alley...
The better restaurants are mainly based in hotels or, ironically, B&B guest houses. Reader tips include: Armin’s Grillstube (‘inexpensiv...
I firmly believe that the one-off legal sale of 105,000 tons of ivory to the Far East in 2009 stimulated a demand that was previously not th...
- 30.7 million overseas visitors expected in 2012 sp...
- Accor pursues its transformation with the disposal...
- Airline websites flying high as OTAs lose ground
- British Airways Christmas getaway begun
- Carnival International de Victoria Seychelles 2012...
- Christmas TV inspires wanderlust
- Meeting the environmental challenge vital for cons...
- Online booking continues to expand in China
- Punctuality of UK flights improves
- Successful PATA China Responsible Tourism Forum go...
- Aerosvit launches Vietnam flights, signs Turkish c...
- Brazil set to meet tourism targets
- Car hire prices to remain competitive: Holiday Aut...
- Domestic tourism team up for campaign
- EU courts reject US airlines’ ETS claim
- Excessive card surcharges to be banned
- Fairmont to debut in Jaipur, Baku, Kyiv
- IAG beats Virgin for bmi buy-out
- InsideJapan optimistic for 2012
- Dusit overseas plots international expansion
- Hotel ID system to be launched next month
- hotel.info targets corporate market
- Page & Moy launches agent booking engine
- South Korea the “one to watch in 2012” – Amadeus
- TAM, LAN merger approved
- Tourism bounces back in disaster-struck Japan
- W plans Valentine opening in Paris
- France is the Best Place to Live
- Guide to eating in Bastia
- Live like a Local in the Med
- New EasyJet flights to Corsica
- New Flight Service To Calvi
- New Flight To Figari
- New Heathrow to Figari Flight
- New Properties for 2010
- Porto Latino Festival dates announced
- Prestigious Cycling Event in Corsica
- Relax and embrace the peace and perfect quiet
- New Properties to the 2009 collection
- New property additions for 2010
- Nuits de la Guitare dates announced
- One of Europe’s Best Beaches in Corsica
- Popping corks in Corsica
- Relax and embrace the peace and perfect quiet
- Sample the delights of the island of Corsica
- Spring Holiday Offers
- Strong Summer Sales & Success of Calvi Flight
- Summer easyJet Flights On Sale
- The 'Isle of Beauty' certainly lives up to its nam...
- Two New Residences Added in Calvi
- VAT Cut In Corsican Restaurants
- Viva La Villa
- Why Corsica is a music lover's dream
- Why the ‘Île de Beauté’ is perfect for honeymooner...
- Wild at Heart - A Journey Through Corsica's Rugged...
- XL Leisure Group
- 2012 Holidays now on Sale with Early Booking Offer...
- By: Cheap summer holidays 2009 « 101 Holidays blog...
- By: Tweets that mention Top 10 holiday destination...
- Cheshire Activities
- Cheshire Attractions
- Cheshire Food And Drink
- County Armagh Events
- County Armagh Sports And Leisure
- Inverness Scenery
- Things To Do In Inverness
- A day to remember for youngsters at CDC!
- CDC and Cirencester Town Council agree taxi pick-u...
- CDC Cash Boost for Kempsford play facilities and L...
- Charity Christmas cards now available at Corinium ...
- Christmas treats in store at Corinium Museum and C...
- Cotswold Parishes and Market Towns back high-speed...
- Please put your bins away after collections!
- See the Christmas lights switch on in Cirencester,...
- Waste collections in Cotswolds should not be disru...
- A budget Orient Express
- Corkboard: what's new this week
- Ghost stories from the spookiest place in Britain
- Guardian green travel list 2011
- Insiders' guide to secret ski resorts
- ▼ December (80)