Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has announced it will debut in three new destinations next year and add more than 1,300 rooms around the world. In the first half of the year, the hotel chain plans to open the Fairmont Jaipur with 199 rooms, nine villas and a Presidential Suite.
In addition it will open a property in Baku, Azerbaijan, which is host nation for the Eurovision Song Contest next year. it will have 318 rooms and is based in the Flame Towers, a multi-use building overlooking the Caspian Sea. Meanwhile, Fairmont will also be targeting football fans with the opening of Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv in Ukraine, the first luxury hotel in the city.
“International growth is a key focus at Fairmont and I fully expect 2012 to be a busy year for us,” said Jennifer Fox, president of Fairmont. “With hotels like The Savoy in London, The Plaza in New York, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel, we already watch over some of the world’s top addresses, so to be going into several new and exciting markets, with assets that are truly one-of-a-kind, is very exciting”.
The hotel chain is also set to open the 300-room Fairmont Makati, Philippines later in the year and the Fairmont Palm Jumeirah. Projects are also being developed in Saudi Arabia, Russia, Fujairah and China as well as the key Europe, Asia, Middle East and African markets.
More than 8,000 rooms were surrendered by LOCOG in January, prompting a 25 per cent fall in average rates, and a further 12,000 are to go ba...
Udderbelly returns to London's South Bank for a three month festival of stand-up comedy, cabaret, music and dance all staged in an infl...
Hotels & Lodging Levante Beach, Rhodes, a brand new five-star hotel New Mark Warner beach resort for 2012 in Rhodes Thursday, January 05...
Numerous panel discussions highlight new trends at ITB Berlin Convention 2012As the tourism industry’s main think tank the ITB Berlin Conven...
DOM cook Alex Atala is redefining Brazilian culinary art victimisation exotic ingredients sourced within the Amazon timberland. Gavin Mc...
Communities throughout Cotswold district are backing a campaign to bring high-speed broadband to rural Gloucestershire. The Borders Broadba...
Out of 502 beaches and bathing sites in England and Wales only ten failed basic water quality standards, new government figures have reveale...
From the affecting low of our displacement from Uzbekistan, we were now adverse the concrete high-point of our campaign forth the Silk Alley...
The better restaurants are mainly based in hotels or, ironically, B&B guest houses. Reader tips include: Armin’s Grillstube (‘inexpensiv...
I firmly believe that the one-off legal sale of 105,000 tons of ivory to the Far East in 2009 stimulated a demand that was previously not th...
- 30.7 million overseas visitors expected in 2012 sp...
- Accor pursues its transformation with the disposal...
- Airline websites flying high as OTAs lose ground
- British Airways Christmas getaway begun
- Carnival International de Victoria Seychelles 2012...
- Christmas TV inspires wanderlust
- Meeting the environmental challenge vital for cons...
- Online booking continues to expand in China
- Punctuality of UK flights improves
- Successful PATA China Responsible Tourism Forum go...
- Aerosvit launches Vietnam flights, signs Turkish c...
- Brazil set to meet tourism targets
- Car hire prices to remain competitive: Holiday Aut...
- Domestic tourism team up for campaign
- EU courts reject US airlines’ ETS claim
- Excessive card surcharges to be banned
- Fairmont to debut in Jaipur, Baku, Kyiv
- IAG beats Virgin for bmi buy-out
- InsideJapan optimistic for 2012
- Dusit overseas plots international expansion
- Hotel ID system to be launched next month
- hotel.info targets corporate market
- Page & Moy launches agent booking engine
- South Korea the “one to watch in 2012” – Amadeus
- TAM, LAN merger approved
- Tourism bounces back in disaster-struck Japan
- W plans Valentine opening in Paris
- France is the Best Place to Live
- Guide to eating in Bastia
- Live like a Local in the Med
- New EasyJet flights to Corsica
- New Flight Service To Calvi
- New Flight To Figari
- New Heathrow to Figari Flight
- New Properties for 2010
- Porto Latino Festival dates announced
- Prestigious Cycling Event in Corsica
- Relax and embrace the peace and perfect quiet
- New Properties to the 2009 collection
- New property additions for 2010
- Nuits de la Guitare dates announced
- One of Europe’s Best Beaches in Corsica
- Popping corks in Corsica
- Relax and embrace the peace and perfect quiet
- Sample the delights of the island of Corsica
- Spring Holiday Offers
- Strong Summer Sales & Success of Calvi Flight
- Summer easyJet Flights On Sale
- The 'Isle of Beauty' certainly lives up to its nam...
- Two New Residences Added in Calvi
- VAT Cut In Corsican Restaurants
- Viva La Villa
- Why Corsica is a music lover's dream
- Why the ‘Île de Beauté’ is perfect for honeymooner...
- Wild at Heart - A Journey Through Corsica's Rugged...
- XL Leisure Group
- 2012 Holidays now on Sale with Early Booking Offer...
- By: Cheap summer holidays 2009 « 101 Holidays blog...
- By: Tweets that mention Top 10 holiday destination...
- Cheshire Activities
- Cheshire Attractions
- Cheshire Food And Drink
- County Armagh Events
- County Armagh Sports And Leisure
- Inverness Scenery
- Things To Do In Inverness
- A day to remember for youngsters at CDC!
- CDC and Cirencester Town Council agree taxi pick-u...
- CDC Cash Boost for Kempsford play facilities and L...
- Charity Christmas cards now available at Corinium ...
- Christmas treats in store at Corinium Museum and C...
- Cotswold Parishes and Market Towns back high-speed...
- Please put your bins away after collections!
- See the Christmas lights switch on in Cirencester,...
- Waste collections in Cotswolds should not be disru...
- A budget Orient Express
- Corkboard: what's new this week
- Ghost stories from the spookiest place in Britain
- Guardian green travel list 2011
- Insiders' guide to secret ski resorts
- ▼ December (80)