Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Copenhagen: by The Killing's Sofie Gråbøl

Copenhagen is filled with nice cafes, but my favourite is Holberg 19 (Holbergsgade 19, holbergno19.dk). It's a really cosy place, owned by an American actor, and to me it's like an extended living room. It's located close to Nyhavn, a beautiful harbour in the centre of Copenhagen. It serves coffee and great sandwiches, and in the summer you can sit outside at little tables. I like the atmosphere – you can come as you are.


I probably shouldn't say this – because we have Noma, the world's best restaurant (see details above), and I haven't been there yet – but normally, Danish cuisine isn't something to shout about. When I go out, it's usually for sushi, because my kids like it. We have a chain called Sticks'n'Sushi (sushi.dk/en), which is really good, with reasonable prices.


Copenhagen has a round tower (Købmagergade 52A, rundetaarn.dk, adults £3, children 50p), which is also the oldest working observatory in Europe, and there's a spiral path leading to the top, instead of steps. It's an experience walking up, and from the top there's a beautiful view over the city. But when I take my kids, I always bring some marbles in my pocket and we roll them down – you can follow them all the way back down the spiral path. Just don't ask if you're allowed to. One of my favourite things about Copenhagen is all the canals. Sometimes my kids and I go on a boat tour, which is a really nice way to see the city. For tour boats, visit canaltours.com and netto-baadene.dk.


If you want an architectural experience, try our new Royal Danish Theatre in Nyhavn (+45 33 696969, kglteater.dk). It's a beautiful building, and they have a cafe where you can sit outside.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...